F A Q
Is the library ready for use?
Mostly : Yes.
But it is still a beta-version so you might miss some features and not every
part of the library is as optimised as possible.
Is there a port of MEML to Mac, Windows ... ?
I did not test MEML on other systems than Linux and Solaris. It should be very portable and
its installation script uses the autotools. So it should be running on every
system with a blas and lapack library and autotools. So e.g. an instalation on
a Windows System with cygwin should be easy.
Beyond this everyone who wants to port MEML to
another operating system is welcome.
Which system is used for the version numbering?
The numbering starts with 0.1. With this version of the library it
should be possible to solve some problems and have basic
matrix operations to support students in numerical practice
If MEML seems to be ready for use in real projects
it will be version 1.0.
Everything in between we will figure out if the times comes...
How can I help?
You can help in many ways:
- add functions or modules to MEML, of course
- send bug-reports
- make MEML easier to be installed on the system of your choice
- extend the tutorial
- translate the webpage and/or the tutorial into another language
- link this page, so that many people get to know about this project
- tell me, if you use MEML. That can motivate me. :-)